Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Haircuts in Heaven


Lucy and I went to "Miss Linda's" the other day so that I cut get my hair trimmed. Linda cuts hair out of the front room of her house so the space is rather small with only one chair for folks to sit in while they wait. Lucy took that seat and quietly played with her Leapster while I got my hair cut. As Linda was finishing up her next customer arrived. She was an elderly woman and since there was no place for her to sit, she stood quietly by the door. I didn 't even realize Lucy had moved until the woman said, "Oh, honey, you don't have to give up your seat." When I looked I saw Lucy standing over behind me thus allowing the older lady to sit while she waited.
I looked at Lucy and smiled. I was sooo pleased. How cool is it when your 3, almost 4, year-old is aware enough to do something a lot of adults I know don't even do? I was really, really impressed!
When we got into the car I compliamented Lucy. I told her how happy I was that she gave up her chair for the other lady to sit in. I told her I couldn't wait to tell Dada how kind she was. I told her that I knew Heavenly Father had seen her act of kindness and that He was pleased with her, too. Then I said, "You did something like Jesus would do. Did you know that?" Lucy nodded and proudly said, "Mmm Huh." I continued, "Do you think that if Jesus was sitting in that chair and the lady came in He would stand up so that the lady could sit in the chair?" To that Lucy replied, "Nooo, Mommy!" in a voice like she was embarrassed and appalled at the suggestion. "Jesus doesn't get his hair cut at Miss Linda's! Jesus gets hair cut up in the clouds! Silly Mommy!"

Yes. Silly Mommy.

2 comments:

  1. Now THAT is sweet. What a doll. =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. sh'e so cute!! I can't believe I've been gone for a year!! now Gracie is the age Lucy was when we left. time goes too fast. I miss you

    ReplyDelete