Friday, January 9, 2009

A Million Dazzling Diamonds

When I backed the car out of the garage this morning I was met with blue skies and sunshine! It snowed a bit more overnight and there must have been enough wind to swirl things around leaving the ground smooth and fresh. The snow is the very dry kind that squeaks when you walk on it. The temperature was -3 F and the reflection of the sun off the snow was simply dazzling. If you click on the picture it will enlarge and you can see what I'm talking about although it still doesn't truly capture the beauty. The drive to Emma's school passes over a small river and the steam was rising off the water and it's mist had made the nearby trees appear powdered. It was really beautiful. I know they say that when Jesus comes again the earth will be made new and it will be perpetual Spring. Although I'm a fan of Spring I can't help but think I'll miss the beauty of days like this.

2 comments:

  1. If you click on the picture to enlarge it you can see all the "Sparkling Diamonds". "It's a Beautiful World I See" hmm have I heard that before? :)

    Love and Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted to take a picture of the beautiful sparkling snow too!! It was a beautiful morning.

    ReplyDelete